Foundations for parenting
Experienced, Qualified, Caring, Flexible
Our unique in home education and support service has been tailored to offer individualised client packages for women and families working with Family and Community Services NSW (formally known as Department of Community Services).
Our target group is at risk parents up to the age of 25 years who are pregnant or parenting a baby/child up to the age of two years.
We provide but are not limited to:
- Childbirth education and support at the birth
- Post birth in home care
- Breastfeeding/bottle feeding, introducing solids – information and support
- Sleep and settling techniques
- On going information on growth and development
- Guidance on self-care as a new mum
- Positive role modelling
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Light house duties
- Referrals and transition into community groups and linking with local service providers
- Advocacy for children’s needs with a child focused approach
- Increase independent living skills i.e. budgeting, meal planning, meal preparation, healthy eating/nutrition guidance
- Written reports as regularly as required on work conducted in homes with children and carers/parents
If you are interested in talking to us about our Groundwork Program or know someone who could benefit from our services please contact our office on 02 8036 5580.
“The support I have had at home from ‘Groundwork’ has helped build my confidence in parenting. I don’t think I would have coped without it” – S. Reen (16yr old mum)