Our Master Classes are open to all Doulas, Midwives and all birth professionals. You may consider continuing your personal and professional development and join us in one of our Master Classes.
There are a variety of workshops, short courses and groups held throughout the year on all kinds of subjects including but not limited to:
- When a baby dies/ Loss and grief
- Post Natal Doula
- Natural Therapies for Doulas
The following two Master Classes are recognised as Continuing Professional Development by The Australian College of Midwives:
- When a Baby Dies: A workshop for Midwives
- Natural Therapies for Labour and Birth
When a baby dies – A workshop for Midwives
Presented by Libby Moloney & Renee Adair
This workshop will be an informative, practical safe space to assist you to best support women & their partners when their baby dies.
- Debunk the myths & discover what is possible
- Care of the baby’s body & how to use a Cuddle Cot
- Preparing parents to take their baby home
- End of life planning for babies
- Autopsy or medical investigation
- Funeral choices and responsibilities
- Religion, faith and spirituality
- What is loss and grief and how can you respond
- What comes up for you and how to manage while on shift.
- Self care……Debriefing
- What is compassion?
- What does holding the space mean?
- Your language can change everything.
Bookings and enquires for When a Baby Dies should be directed to www.midwives.org.au or firstname.lastname@example.org
“I recently attended your workshop, When a Bay Dies, in Sydney and felt it was the best 8 hours i had spent in all my years as a registered Midwife” Amanda – Midwife RNSH
Natural therapies for Labour and Birth
Presented by Renee Adair
Gain the skills and take home the tools you need to offer women some natural alternatives for labour and birth. The Natural Therapies for Labour and Birth Masterclass is an informative, hands on workshop for Midwives, Doulas and other birth workers.
The masterclass includes learning skills about the Rebozo, Aromatherapy, Acupressure, Affirmations and Visualisation.
Investment: $299 (inc gst)
Includes: tuition, quality handouts, a handwoven Mexican Rebozo, set of Thumb-ease, oils and materials for making your won aromatherapy product to take home.
For bookings, enquires and further information please call the Australian Doula College office on
02 8036 5580.
2019 dates will be announced in November 2018